Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Assassin's Blade:The Throne of Glass Novellas

The Assassin's Blade: The Throne of Glass NovellasThe Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass 0.1-0.5)
My rating: 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan's most feared assassin. As part of the Assassin's Guild, her allegiance is to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam. In these action-packed novellas - together in one edition for the first time - Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and seeks to avenge the tyrannous. But she is acting against Arobynn's orders and could suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery. Will Celaena ever be truly free? 







*if you haven't started this series, please do because I need to talk to someone to let out my feels!
My Thoughts: There are five novellas that follow Celaena’s life before she was captured and sent to Endovier, that make up this book. It’s a prequel to the series and you can technically read this book in any order from the rest of the series, but I think it’s BEST to read it right after Crown of Midnight, which is the second book.

When reading Throne of Glass, we know Celaena is an assassin and we kind of see that lifestyle, but not quite. In these novellas, we actually see her working as an assassin and it’s pretty darn cool. I actually thought I wasn’t going to like that part of her lifestyle, but it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. I can officially say I love her!
I read these novellas right after Throne of Glass so I already knew what was going to end up happening, but that didn’t take away from the suspense and it didn't take away from making me scared to keep reading further, and it didn't take away from leaving me in tears at the ending.

I thought all five novellas were interesting, others more than others, but they all contributed to the story one way or another. My favorite was probably The Assassin and the Desert or The Assassin and the Underworld.

Now, let’s talk about Sam. Guys. GUYS. I love Sam! Forget about Dorian and Chaol, it’s all about Team Sam! Haha, just kidding {kind of}. I'm still team Chaol, but seriously though, Sam. He was just supportive and ahhhh I just loved him! *heart eyes*.
I loved the relationship he had with Celaena and the ending just broke my heart into a million tiny pieces.
To me, sometimes Celaena might seem careless, but what’s special about these novellas is how we see that she isn’t as careless as she seems. I was just surprised!

We also find out a lot more about her master, Arobynn and let me just say he is a total JERK. I just can't understand how he did some of the things he did! I wonder how he will be tied into the rest of the series.

My favorite part happened in The Assassin and the Underworld when Celaena unleashed her fury. For me it was awesome, but at the same time heartbreaking.
Like I said before, I freakin' love Celaena and the ending, like literally the last couple of pages just proved how AWESOME she is.
She squared her shoulders. Straightened her spine.
My name is Celaena Sardothien and I will not be afraid
Just yes! I hope you guys get the chance to read this series :)

If you've read the novellas already highlight to view spoiler: Does anyone think Sam is secretly alive? I totally think so! Please tell me someone else thinks the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment