Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday-10 inspiring quotes from books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is Top Ten Inspiring quotes from books. 
I think there is something extra special about quotes from books and here are some of my faves {in no particular order}.

1."I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was." --Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs  
~ I just finished this book and this quote really stood out to me. This was kind of an eye opener for me because we all usually think that our lives are boring and ordinary, but when I read this I came to realize that we are all extraordinary because there's something different about everyone. 

2. "There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities...I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity...You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful." -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
~ I feel like a cliche quoting a book by John Green, but this was my favorite when I read the book. It just made me think. Like really think.

3."Ready or not, here I come. Here I come, ready or not." --Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
~ This one is personal because I thought about it right before I started college. And I was terrified to start college.

4."Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." --To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 
~ I remember reading this my freshman year of high school and I just liking this quote. I don't know how to explain it, but just know it's inspiring :)

5."I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." --Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
~ I always try to remember this one for some reason.

6."We live and breathe words...It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them." --Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
~ Anyone who has ever read The Infernal Devices series will probably say that this is their favorite quote. Haha, but for real I LOVE this quote! I read it over and over and over again.

7."...take a risk." -- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
~ I actually remember this on a regular basis and put it into practice for the most part. It explains why I do some crazy things, haha.

8."Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, everyone. We can't escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other." --Allegiant by Veronica Roth
~ I think everyone is a little broken inside, but then that one person comes along and helps you. That's AWESOME!

9."She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one." Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
~ How AWESOME is this statement, really? This whole book and series in general makes me want to be more brave!

10."I claim you, Rowan Whitethorn. I don't care what you say and how much you protest. I claim you as my friend." -- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
~ Yes, that's 2 quotes from the same book. But if you've read the book then you'll understand just how amazing it is. I don't even know if this quote is inspiring, but I really like it and it just makes me want to cry.

What are your favorite quotes? 

1 comment:

  1. So easy to use quotes from Sarah J. Maas books. She has great quotes in her books.

    My TTT:Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete