Sunday, March 1, 2015

Review: All Our Yesterdays


All Our Yesterdays

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Rating: 4.5 stars
Goodreads summary {You're really going to want to click the goodreads summary because I can't explain this book without spoiling it.}

My thoughts: This book was recommended to me by my friend Sarah who is in love with this book and I start reading it and I'm just thinking: Holy cow, why have I not heard of this book before and why have I not read it?!?!

This book blew my mind! It was AMAZING! So much confusion, suspense, realizations, sadness, and mixed emotions. 
Throughout this book, all I did was:
  1. gasp
  2. whisper scream
  3. hyperventilate
  4. whimper
  5. had watery eyes
This book does deal with time travel which for me is a first so I have nothing to compare it to, but oh man, I think it was done really well. I like how the information about time travel wasn't piled up on you, but rather you start to find things out at the story progresses. Since this book does deal with time travel, it mentions the fourth dimension and right after I finished this book we started talking about time and the fourth dimension in my science class and my eyes just widened and I gasped internally! Haha, I was freaking out!

The characters go through amazing character development which makes me love them even more because they are fantastic. You see them how they were in the past and how they have changed because of drastic events in their lives. 
And of course my favorite character has to be Finn! He was just so funny and he knew how to make a sad situation into a somewhat better and pleasant one. And the sweet things he would say...oh man! I freakin' love him!
"Will you be able to catch me if I fall?"
"Doubt it," he says, "but I’ll let you land on top of me. I’ll make a nice squooshy landing.
I smile. "My hero."

I kind of predicted the ending, but not in the way it happened. It was a little tragic and before I knew it I had tears in my eyes.

I know there was supposed to be a sequel to this book, but it didn't get published and I am okay with that because I think this story is well done as a one book story. Although, I did not like the ending because there was just not enough closure for me and that is why I couldn't give this book 5 stars. I think it needed like and epilogue that gives us some insight on what happened to the characters.
But, I'm glad I got to read this book!

Happy Readings! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment