Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #2

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

I am desperately waiting for The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski. The third and final book in The Winner's trilogy. Here's a link to the summary for the 1st book, if you're interested: The Winner's Curse


The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it, with the East as his ally and the empire as his enemy. He’s finally managed to dismiss the memory of Kestrel, even if he can’t quite forget her. Kestrel turned into someone he could no longer recognize: someone who cared more for the empire than for the lives of innocent people—and certainly more than she cared for him. At least, that’s what he thinks.

But far north lies a work camp where Kestrel is a prisoner. Can she manage to escape before she loses herself? As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover unexpected roles in battle, terrible secrets, and a fragile hope. The world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and Kestrel and Arin are caught between. In a game like this, can anybody really win?



I picked up The Winner's Curse on impulse. It was just kind of sitting there on the shelf at the library and I didn't know what to read next, but I needed a book to read for my spring break and I was in a hurry so I just checked it out. Best impulse of my life. I also had never heard of Marie Rutkoski, but let me tell you something: her writing is beautiful. I love it. 

The first two books have made my heart hurt really bad so I'm sure The Winner's Kiss will do the same. The story of Kestrel and Arin is so heartbreaking, but that's what makes me keep rooting for them and love this series even more. 

The ending of The Winner's Crime was THE DEATH OF ME. It still haunts me and makes me cry. Ever since then, I have DESPERATELY been waiting for The Winner's Kiss to come out.

I hope our main characters will be okay and not die. I think they might suffer some more, but everything will be okay at the end and hopefully nothing too tragic happens. Right? 

Until March 1st rolls around, I'll be crying and hyperventilating because of that cliffhanger. 




1 comment:

  1. I need this book now! I absolutely adore Kestrel and as long as she is safe and happy, I'll be satisfied with the final book.

    ReplyDelete